The Village of Winfield was incorporated as a village in 1921, but has roots from the 1830s, originally known as Gary's Mill after early settler Eurastus Gary, and later, Fredricksburg, owing to a significant German-speaking population. In the late 1800s, the settlement’s name was changed again to Winfield after the war hero Winfield Scott.
Winfield is home to Central DuPage Hospital, one of the largest hospitals in the Chicago suburbs. Conveniently located in the downtown area is the commuter train station providing easy transportation to Chicago for work or fun! Local attractions include Kline Creek Farm, a living history farm located on the west side of County Farm Road between Geneva and St. Charles Roads; and Cantigny, which includes public gardens, museums, golf courses, picnic grounds and hiking trails.
Boasting award-winning schools with low class sizes, friendly neighbors and a tight knit community, Winfield WELCOMES YOU HOME!
NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE